With a touch of the orient, its radiant with undertones of pink – It’s Radiant Orchid Pantone Colour of the Year for 2014.
For the last fourteen years the Pantone Colour Institute has been designating a colour of the year to express what is taking place in the global spirit of the time. They refer to all segments of life in deciding their colour choice, from design to the entertainment industry, travel and socio-economic conditions There is something very unique and special about the colour purple, a colour of magic, symbolism, royalty and piety. Radiant Orchid celebrates innovation, creativity and originality.
- Elie Saab
- Sea of Feathers Limited Edition Print
- Kristen Clark Designs
- Radiant Orchid
- Cute Cocktails
- The Klip Noticeboard
- Pantone Colour Chip
So farewell to Emerald 17-5641 (2013 colour) and hello radiant orchid!
- Jen Langston
- Elie Saab
- Emerald Bracelet
- Klip noticeboard White/Green
- Klip Noticeboard Green/White
- The Fruit Block
Tips for bringing Radiant Orchid into your home.
For your bedroom:
- Use as an accent colour with neutrals to create a calm environment. Easy options of introducing throws and scatter cushions are great for this. Even consider a delicate wallpaper for a feature wall that uses Radiant Orchid as a accent colour.
Dinning or Living area:
- Go bold, paint your walls in Radiant Orchid and try combining with dark timber furniture to evoke an oriental feel.
- Try a mosaic tile in Radiant Orchid, teamed with cream and again perhaps a dark vanity to evoke the Orient
Some of Pantone's past colours used since 2000